Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers day 2008

I had a great day yesterday, I was lucky that hubby was off and we went out to breakfast and then we went to the South Carolina Botanical Gardens and strolled around for a while. I have been wanting to go there for so long but with my mobility issues I didnt know if would be able to walk it, but they have lots of benches and places to rest so I was able to walk for a while without my walker. It was chilly and drizzling but it was still so pretty and peaceful.

This is looking into the pond, you can a HUGE koy and a turtle and I love the reflections in this pic.

If you look close you can see the Canadian in there. I don't know what they call this arched walkway but wouldn't it be pretty for a wedding?? LOL.

Some of the plants along the path. We didn't make it to the flower gardens, will go there next time. We plan to go more often now that we know what its like.

Both my kids called me yesterday and yes stuff girl is still planning on coming next week! She had hoped to come Sunday but there is a mandatory thing at KD (Kings Dominion) where she is a manager so she is coming on Monday now. Suits me ok, I have to work Monday but am taking Tuesday-Thursday off.

Speaking of moms, my mom is so pitiful. I never in life thought she would be so sad so depressed. The doctor is starting her on lexipro, I hope it helps. She is so lonely. I wish she had made more friends but her whole life was dad and with him gone she is just going downhill. I feel so helpless being so far away. I am going up there for a week in June, she is really looking forward to it

Thats all from here, Hope every mom had a great day yesterday!

Later

13 Comments:

Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

So happy you have a wonderful day! But I am sorry about your mom. I hope she gets some help.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty picks. I hope your mm feels better

6:39 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I am jealous...I love places like that and would go many times and wander around!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Jose said...

Wow, I would go loco taking pictures there. It does look like a beautiful place. Sorry to hear about your mom, ever since my dad passed away four years ago we try to keep her busy and we all take turns spending a night at her house. She misses dad but has adapted to being alone. Tonight is my night to stay with her. I also stop by to see her on Wednesdays and Thursdays and the perk is that she cooks for me and let me tell you she can cook. lol

10:54 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

I'm glad you had a great day!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love going to places like that! I don't think we have any around here, and the last time I went to one was in San Antonio. They were just beautiful!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Awww,I'm sorry 'bout your mum:(

Your day out sounded nice. I love poking around places like that!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Superwoman said...

Hope your day was great too! I had some annoying family behind me in church and it was pretty irritating. But, what can you do? So sorry about your Mom, it is so upsetting to see them so sad.

6:29 PM  
Blogger poody said...

Glad to hear you are doing good. I think of you every day! Love ya!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

Happy Mothers day. Hope your mom improves. Its hard when her husband is gone. Looks like a beautiful garden/type/place. I can't wait till you go again so we can get more cool pics!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

i love the picture of the covered arch! Hubs is NOT a garden person.. or an outdoors one for that matter, so I rarely get to see things like this :o(

1:56 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

I'm glad you had a great day and that Stuffgirl is still coming! woohoo!

7:21 AM  
Blogger JQ said...

Looks like you guys had fun at the botanical gardens.

I know what you mean about feeling helpless about your parents, I hope she feels better soon.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home