Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Awfulness...



Sorry its been so long since i posted. Things just went from bad to worse lately. I am in Virginia now with my mom for my visit, which has turned into a take my mom to the doctor every single day visit. I cannot explain in any words how she is right now. She is very confused about everything yet so stubborn at the same time. She is the worst hypochondriac ever...just like the little boy that cried wolf when there really is something wrong with her no one will believe her. She got me up at 6 am Saturday to take her to the urgent care place when the opened, said i had to get ready right away. She said she had blood clots in her leg. I knew she didn't have clots, since I have had them i know the symptoms. Anyway after getting there and they were closed the doc was pretty confused as to mom was there when they finally opened.

That's only part of the fun. It has been awful. My kids came and visited, thankfully but dealing with my mom is pretty stressful. I don't know how my brother does it all the time.

I hate myself for not handling this better. I am doing the best i can but this is hard. I think if I recognized this old lady as my mom it would be better but this person she is now is no one I know. Its like a whole different person. And I am a horrible person for feeling the way i do. She doesn't know how I feel, how awful this is for me though. Thank goodness for that.

Anyway more soon. Will try not to whine as much.
Later

6 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Oh goodness.......hang in there. That sounds so hard to deal with.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

See if you can talk to her doctor privately. Maybe there is something going on with her.

It could also be a way of getting attention.

Hang in there! Good luck.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Superwoman said...

It is extremely difficult to take care of aging loved ones. My mother took care of my grandmother for about a year before she died and it was very difficult. She had a lot of the same feelings you are feeling. Good luck.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

yeah, what everyone else said. I can't begin to think how hard it is to take care of someone, no matter what their age.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Mel, I'm sorry. But believe me when I tell you, you are NOT the only person taking care of an elderly parent who ever felt this way.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

My grandmother went through this after her heart surgury, thought she had every ailment. And then when my grandfather got sick she got worse. So my Dad, Aunt and Uncle agreed to talk to her doctor and they put her on an anti-depressant. Told her it was for her blood pressure and she has been wonderful. Just needed to stop worrying so much and that pill helped wonders.

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home