Sunday, June 01, 2008

I'm in shock...My daughter called me at work on Friday to tell me she got engaged Thursday night. My 20 year old daughter is engaged, i am trying to wrap my head around this new status. I will be an in law. OMG.

My husband absolutely despises this guy, actually no one really likes him, she hasnt even told her dad yet because her dad hates him too. So this should be interesting. Me, i guess he is ok, I don't really know him that well. I do know he has broken her heart not once but twice.

He gave her his grandmothers ring, its very pretty. I am impressed that its a family heirloom so hopefully he is not going to screw around on her this time and is fully committed.

Later

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

wow! Beautiful ring! And should I say congratulations? I'm just not sure.

Do they have any idea when the big day is? If it's far enough away, he will either prove he has changed, or he hasn't.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Superwoman said...

It is a beautiful ring. Hopefully he won't screw with her feelings this time. Wow, 20, I got married at 22 almost 23 and I felt like I was way too young. But you find the right one, what do you do? You get married. Hopefully he is the right one for her. Good luck with everything.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Wow - it is a beautiful ring. Wishing her many years of happiness.

BTW - I got engaged at 20, and married at 21. and my parents didn't like him much, but almost12 years later - we are still together- happily most days!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

I hope he treats her right. Nice ring.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I love your very human,very motherly reaction.
I second the hope that he doesn't hurt her again.
That is a gorgous ring!
Are you going to be a good in law or an evil one,lol?
I've always thought I'd be a bad one;p

6:17 PM  
Blogger yellojkt said...

My dad hated my sister's fiance/husband. And he was right. It took her five years and two kids to figure out he was as big a loser as we all knew he was.

Hope your daughter has better luck.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

congrats!...I think. it is a beautiful ring...so maybe this cat has changed his stripes, huh? let's hope so, for her sake.

6:17 PM  
Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

Wow....gorgeous ring! I feel for you....it seems like it's bittersweet. Hopefully he means business now. (And good on your hubz for looking out for his little girl like that!)

10:52 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

It is a beautiful ring. However, I am wondering if congratulations are ins tore. Maybe he turned a new leaf? I could never imagine marrying someone no one in my family liked. But that is me.

So she gave no inkling this may happen when she visited you last week?

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home