Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Take a sad song and make it better...



Its somewhat better today, thanks for all your thoughts and well wishes. I think if I didn't stay with her 24/7 when i visit it wouldn't be quite as bad, breaks help. Today was non stop, taking her to the doc and then to PT, then to wallyworld to transfer her medicines there. My sister in law decided mom should switch to wallyworld since they have some meds that are 4$ and it would save mom money. My mom has no money, her monthly pittance from medicare is just not enough for her and she was self employed so she has no retirement. Dad's retirement was given to her in a lump sum when he died but it was not full and it was small, and it is gone. She has food and shelter and is not destitute but we are trying to cut her costs as much as we can.



She got a new kitten, a cutie she named Amos. He is so adorable! Pictures to come when i get home.



Speaking of going home, i am going home tomorrow. I had planned to stay until Friday but my blood work last week for my coumadin levels was all whacked out for some reason. They increased my dosage and they needed new levels this week so that's why i am going back early. Fine with me, I am ready to get home.



I am so sad about Tim Russert, he made politics enjoyable if thats possible.



Later

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you at least have a safe trip home, and things for YOU are okay.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Jose said...

My mom did something most of us will never do, she saved through out her life for her retirement. Being illegal she knew she would not get help down the road. Now that she is a legal resident she get help from medicare and with her savings which are condiderable she never has to worry about medicine. I pick up her meds and her copay exceeds the $200.00 mark monthly. You think we should learn from her but nooooo, we spend our stupid paychecks as soon as we get them.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Superwoman said...

sushi and I are behind in retirement. When he gets done with school we'll have a lot to make up for. We'll probably need to do double retirement to catch up.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

I know what you mean, being with my mom 24/7 makes me crazy too. So next time, make sure you get some you time. Even if it is just for an hour at a coffee shop. It will help. I actually went to work for a day they were here so I would have a break. No one is more surprised than I that I used work as an excuse to not be home...

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home