Saturday, January 14, 2006


Call Me Deacon Blues....

I was in my car running some errands this morning listening to the radio. Radio here sucks bigtime. I end up punching the dial relentlessly, searching for something new and fresh in vain. Not one station here has played anything by Hot Hot Heat or well, anything new. Anyway, today the classic rock station played 3 songs in a row by Steely Dan! I used to LOVE Steely Dan and had quite forgotten about Walter and Donald. I remembered all the words to the songs. My Old school still doesnt make sense to me, although I got they dont wanna go back Anandale. Anyway, this isnt much of a post but hearing great old music is like an old forgotten friend and it made me happy.

"They got a name for the winners in the worldI want a name when I lose...call me Deacon Blues........."

Later


3 Comments:

Blogger Zambo said...

Hello Mel!

I hope you're dong well.

Sorry to hear about the lack of interesting radio options in your area...Glad you found some songs to make you happy.

Sorry to read about the not-so-positive cardiologist appointment and your not-so-cool boss...I hope you're feeling OK...and not too stressed.

(I think your slippers are cute).

Thanks for dropping by.

Talk to you soon.

Your Pal,

Zambo.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

I too, had forgotten how much I love hearing Steely Dan songs!

I love simple pleasures like that in life...they make life so much more bearable :)

12:11 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

My mom had a car that only had AM and the only good station was an oldies station. I love the oldies!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home