Monday, November 05, 2007

Monday movie review...



Again I opted to stay home and watch TV instead of going to the theater. I do want to see American Gangster though! As I mentioned before I watched RUNNING DOWN A DREAM, a documentary about Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. The Sundance channel showed all 4 hours straight with no commercials or breaks! I couldn't watch it all because, well who has time to watch 4 straight hours of TV, but it was hard to tear myself away. Its more about the Heartbreakers as a whole, about the group. Its more than that though, its like a history of rock and roll and how the record business worked. I was riveted. I have always recognized Tom Petty as a great Rocker but he really is much more, he actually was the first to Sue his record label and won. The words of song are true

"You can back me up to the Gates of Hell but I wont back Down"

The record company found out he
truly did not back down.

My other favorite quote from this movie is when Stevie Nicks wanted to quit
Fleetwood Mac and Join the Heartbreakers "there are no girls in the heartbreakers!" Hehehe. As much I as LOVE Stevie, it just wouldn't work I don't think.

Its going on Sale on DVD soon or it may be out already so check it out if you are into music and rock and roll History! Fab, if you are reading this he is from
Gainsville !





I also watched the Classic A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN. I had never seen it before but I read the book years ago. I need to read it again. The movie was great. Since its a classic I am not going into detail but I really enjoyed it even when I was crying :)

That's it for Movie review Monday. Oh, on a side note I picked up my pictures from Walgreen's today with no problems whatsoever. No more CVS for me, I am a convert to Walgreen's. After all Shia Labouff was arrested at a Walgreens this weekend, its the place to be!

Later

5 Comments:

Blogger JQ said...

Pixie and I love Tom Petty. We have seen him live twice. He rocked both times.
I also liked his contribution to the Traveling Wilbury's.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Karin's Korner said...

Mel, I absolutly love A Tree Grows In Brooklyn! What a great movie. It is right up there with To Kill a Mockingbird.

Great Review!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

I watched that tom petty show...liked it.

10:16 AM  
Blogger poody said...

I love Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers! They were the last band to p[lay at Austin City Limits festival last year and I have seen them several times as well. David Grisham used to play in the band at one time too. He is an Austinite!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

I saw American Gangster, it was really good but very violent and the language, not so good.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home