Wednesday, December 19, 2007


I thought I lost 10,000.00 $ yesterday....

so a $10,000.00 check disappeared yesterday and it it looked like I lost it because I was the one scanning checks yesterday at work. We dug through garbage, tore apart my desk and the are around the check scanner. The more I thought about it the more I couldn't remember even seeing the check ! But I don't trust my memory as its not that great. I was so upset, first I got sick to my stomach, then I started crying....yeah REAL professional huh?? I have worked with large checks for years and have never had one just poof into thin air like that. Anyway, after tearing up the office, my boss finally found it near the mail persons desk, she dropped it on the way to bringing to my area and it had fluttered upside down onto the bottom shelf of a bookshelf. I was relieved I did a very southern thing....I threw my hand up on the air and yelled "Praise the lord"...yeah. The picture is me (hiding in the back) and my coworkers at work.

Anyhooooo...oh I read that Jaime Lynn Spears, Britney's 16 year old sister is pregnant. OK I think we can all agree that Lynn Spears, their mom is not going to win any awards for teaching her children about birth control. I started hounding my daughter from the day she had her first period until now about birth control. I mean come 16 years old??? I had my first child at 27 and was barely mature enough to deal with a baby! I know there are lots of young moms out there and do very well but I know I couldn't have handled it.

I am off to a doctor appointment where I will get a shot and some blood drawn. You are all jealous, admit it.

later

9 Comments:

Blogger mixednut said...

If I thought I had lost 10k, I would've cried too.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Jose said...

I would have only cried if they were mine. Shit, I would have thrown a full blown tantrum. lol

Hey Mel, I am glad the check was found, praise the lord indeed.

1:14 PM  
Blogger JQ said...

I'm glad the cheque was found. I lost ten thousand at work once...yeah, that's it, lost it...

11:05 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I've worked with some pretty big checks at work and I understand the "fear" - and how upset you were.... I would have been crying too! So glad it was found.

11:18 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Glad all is well now! That's why I don't get to handle large sums of money....

7:04 AM  
Blogger Silverstar said...

Ah! I hate it when things just 'suddenly' disappear! At least you found it.:)
Yeah the 'Spears' mother should definitely have had a sit down about birth control and the importance of picking someone of quality for a husband. (Could have saved Britney a few million)

12:17 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I have done that professional crying thing too. Especially when I got fired for bad check incident.

2:38 PM  
Blogger poody said...

Girl I was worried there for a minute!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Glad you found the check, that would not have been pretty. But guess what, not your fault, so I hope they apologize to you for saying you lost it.

JL is tyring to be just like her big sis and succeeding! I hope Nick cancels her show.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home