Sunday, December 16, 2007

I was Tagged, see I AM loved :)

I was tagged by the wonderful Jimmycity! I feel loved whenever I am tagged for memes. This one is kinda tough for me to do though. First I had a hard time choosing one person for #1 and then I couldn't think of #3 until I got a text message early this morning. I'll explain as I do the meme.

ok Here are the rules:

The instructions:

1) Post a note about a blogger you would like to see something wonderful happen for. Maybe one whose posts have touched your heart in one way or another. Include details as to why you admire them and what you wish for them. Be as supporting and affirming as you can.
2) Post your favorite memory around selflessness, giving, or doing for others. Something that has actually changed you.
3) As a postscript, name one thing you will actually do for someone in your life before December 31 that is born out of joy.
4) Tag 3 other bloggers who will play the game and find the spirit. Don't forget to leave a comment on their blog so they continue to share the good feelings.

1. I have to pick Poody. She deserves to be loved more than anyone I know and yet hasn't found Mr Right yet. She has great friends though so she is very loved and I love her, but she deserves a relationship with a partner who will treat her with respect and love. This is my Christmas wish for her. I just wish we lived closer cuz I would love to hang out with her!

2. Before my dad got so sick he used to volunteer for the red cross, he was a driver. He would drive people who had no transportation (usually older people) to and from Doctors appointments or grocery shopping or whatever. I think he delivered meals too. He LOVED doing this, my dad got along with most people and he enjoyed meeting and helping them. I take after my mom, I am awkward with people I don't know. I don't know how this changed me but I sure was proud of him. When he left us last year the one thing I really wanted was his red cross pin, I have it hanging up at work.

3. Today I got a text message from my co worker saying her dad was in the hospital. This is bad enough but her mother is bedridden and had no one take care of her. I volunteered to go sit with her dad at the hospital (remember I am awkward with people and I don't really know her dad)while she took care of her mother. I spent 4 hours with him, and the whole time he complained about his daughter (my co worker)! He just didn't want to be alone and I tried to help as much as I could, I know what its like to be in the hospital. So I hope I helped her ease burden in some way, she's had a rough year.

Now I have to tag other bloggers. hmmm. OK I pick Fantastagirl. Her daughter did something pretty giving thing this week! Next I tag Wolfgrrl, she has the best stories to tell so I know her meme will be way better than mine! Last but not least Vegas Princess. She is someone else I would like to see something wonderful happen to, she has been pretty unhappy at work.

Later

7 Comments:

Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Yea! I was tagged! Thank you. You are right, it feels good to be recognized in a meme. I will go do this one as soon as I can.

9:41 PM  
Blogger kimber said...

I love being tagged! Give me a day or two to mull over the answers, and thank you for the kind words about my writing! I hope I live up to your praise! :)

9:50 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I was tagged - you tagged me!!! Yes!

I'll do it as soon as I can...

I think sitting with your co-workers Dad was a very nice thing to do...I'm glad you were able to do that- and it would be hard - especially if you are not a "people person"

9:51 PM  
Blogger jimmycity said...

I love you and your honesty, Mel! Thank you for playing, and sharing with us all!

2:35 AM  
Blogger jimmycity said...

Now, would ya BLOGROLL me?

LOL!

2:36 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Doing nice things for people around the holidays- good for you!

6:37 AM  
Blogger poody said...

AWW! You made me well up just a little bit there sis! I LOVE YOU TOO!!

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home