Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Monday movie review on Tuesday...

So I am bit behind, I saw these movies 2 weeks ago LOL.


The first movie is Bella. I loved this movie but I will be honest here and say if I knew it was a pro life movie I would not have gone to go see it. Not that I have anything against pro life (although I am pro choice, no haters please I don't usually even discuss my politics on the blog) but I do have something against preachy movies. But I didn't know so I went and really didn't even realize it was pro life until I started reading more about this movie online, its that subtle. Subtle but powerful. There are no big action sequences, but its easy on the eye, it takes place in New York City (couldn't tell that from the poster huh?) and the premise is how just one person and one day can change your life forever, so its one day in the life of a waitress and a chef. It was Beautiful and moving and I CRIED, big choking sobs at the end, its not a sad ending but it makes you cry anyway. The lead male is a popular Latino actor and he is HOT, LOL even with a more facial hair than grizzly Adams and he is hot. The only issue I had was the abrupt way it ends, it moves so slowly and languid and then Boom time is gone and its the end and I wanted to know more what happened in between.

Then I saw Enchanted with a friend and her 2 young daughters. At first I wasn't too sure, it starts off like a really bad Disney animated movie but it picks up when the animations turn to real people. I enjoyed this alot, the Princess was cast perfectly, geez she is pretty but then so is Patrick Dempsey LOL. I did not care for the ending with the dragon that felt like it was just thrown in there for no reason but the rest of the movie is sweet and pretty and light. Its hilarious when the princess calls to the city creatures to help her clean the apartment and all sorts of vermin show up, LOL . Its a nice movie for kids, I think its more for girls than boys though.

Later.


9 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Enchanted got really good reviews by our local papers. Interesting to hear your take on it. I still probably won't go see it!!! :)

8:32 AM  
Blogger Jose said...

So far everyone I know that has seen Enchanted said they loved it. But then again they are all girls. lol

9:30 AM  
Blogger JQ said...

I can't wait to see Enchanted!


That isn't true, I could wait a lifetime.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen either one of them so be satisfied knowing you're still ahead of some people!

10:44 AM  
Blogger People in the Sun said...

Hey, this boy loved Enchanted!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

I can't wait to see Enchanted! I have been waiting for it ever since I first heard about it in an article with Patrick Dempsey at the beginning of the year. I am dragging my husband to it this weekend.

9:19 PM  
Blogger kimber said...

What a strange and remarkable pairing of movies! Can you imagine them as a double feature? hah!

2:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pro-life. I still love you, Mel!

1:31 PM  
Blogger poody said...

oh they both sound good! I will see them both. I have been wanting to see Enchanted anyways. I am a sap for the fairy tale movies!

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home