Wednesday, December 05, 2007


The Saga of the paper clips....

As some of you know, I hated my job for a long but it was only because of the evil demon from the bowels of hell boss I had. Finally she is gone, has been gone for over a year now and I am liking my job again. I have a new boss that I like, everything is good. But sometimes I do not understand the things she does. We use alot of paper clips, but we are a clerical office and these are staples of the trade (hehe staples of the trade...I am so funny!). So anyway, my partner in crime co worker told me yesterday and we have been asked to use rubber bands or staples instead of paper clips. I asked why and she said they were too expensive. Paperclips are expensive??? HUH? But I am a team player and said hey whatever and will stop using so many. My boss overheard the exchange (there is NO privacy in my workplace) and called me over later and said that the paper clips are not expensive but we are using too many of them. So how is that different? I wanted to ask. But I didn't, I am a wimp but I prefer to think of myself as a team player.

I swear sometimes I think I am living an unfunny version of the movie Office space. I looked online at the supplier we use and a box of the jumbo clips are $1.69, a case is close to 24 $ That seems reasonable to me, but again I say whatever.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

WHATEVER!!! too expensive?!! Sheesh!!!!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

???? I'm stumped too!

6:36 PM  
Blogger JQ said...

Sounds like she is flexing her muscles as the new boss.

Next time you go into her office just tell her how much you rely on the paper clips. Then tell her that she has a lovely car, but that particular model has brakes that are notorious for failing and that it would be a real shame if anything were to happen to her on the way home from work.

You should be swimming in the paper clips after that.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

OMGosh - I'm laughing because if I didn't know better I'd say you were in my office today.

I was told I use to many post it notes... HUH? They've got to be kidding...

10:14 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Staples work better than paper clips, and are stupid cheap! The only thing I ever use paper clips for is to bend them into another shape for lock picks, toothpicks, heavy duty twist tie, etc.... Watch out though, these cost reduction kicks always end up with the johns getting 1 ply toilet paper....

8:01 AM  
Blogger poody said...

an unfunny version of Office Space?? Sounds pretty funny to me sis! At least now I know what to send you for Christmas! I dare ya to sneak into her office while she is out and link all her clips together!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with jq....

Bosses like to make stupid decisions just to see their employees have to follow them.

I think.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Silverstar said...

Work cutbacks on paperclip spending? That's a new one. Ridiculous!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Casdok said...

More stumped here!

12:20 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

OMG. Now that is tight. And just plain silly.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

how much do rubber bands cost? this is reeeee-dick- u- less

2:31 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Usually when they make ridiculous cutbacks like that it means someone is getting a raise and they don't want to give up the money. Sounds like you work in a similar place as I do.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home