Thursday, June 26, 2008


Mom

Its been another bad week with my mom. I am no longer there and am grateful I don't have to deal with all this but i also feel ashamed and guilty for feeling that way. I think my mom just wants to die. She is refusing to eat and my brother has been taking her back and forth to the ER and the doc and finally yesterday they decided to admit her. He has been trying to get her to eat and she was screaming at him "its my body I'll eat when i want to" LOL I can just hear her now. My poor brother doesn't know what to do. At this point I wonder if her mind is as gone as we think it is or if she just has given up and is trying to kill herself? Anyway, bear with me for the lack of posts for now.

I am supposed to go to Myrtle beach next week but i am not sure now if I will be able to go.

I took this picture last week when I was there, she looks happy here.

Later

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear that. there's really nothing i can think of to say that might make you feel better....

...hug!..

8:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh honey. I'm so sorry. I don't remember how old she is, but my grandmother refused to eat cause she wanted to die and my mom and her sister fought over the feeding tube. It's such a hard thing to have to go through and watch, but you need to go and enjoy yourself!!!! Don't feel bad or guilty. Just do it.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Jose said...

Wow, that has got to be tough for all involved. I hope and pray for the best for you and your mom.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Superwoman said...

she does look happy in that picture! What a wonderful pic, that deserves to be in a frame. It is so so hard what your family is going through right now, for all of you. Don't feel guilty (I know, easier said than done). Most people do what she is doing when they want to go. Unfortunately, it has more to do with when the Lord decides it's time to go than when we decide it's time to go. I am so sorry for how hard things are. Hang in there. We'll keep you in our prayers.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Mel,
[[[Hugs]]]

3:09 PM  
Blogger Me said...

I'm so sorry. I've heard of so many similar stories (caring for ailing/elderly parents) and it seems like one of the most difficult things to go through.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

She sure does look happy:)

4:18 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Oh Mel, I am so sorry. I admit, this is the part of my parents getting old that scares me to death. I hope she gets help soon and that you can go on your trip and have some much needed fun time.

1:14 AM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Hugs - Wish I had some words of wisdom.

She looks very happy in the picture!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope everything is going okay.

1:26 PM  
Blogger jimmycity said...

I love ya, my Diva!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home