Friday, September 12, 2008



Rip my sweet girl...

This is a post that's really hard to write. Wednesday I took Jeopardy to the vet, a friend went with me to pick her up and down since she couldn't jump in the van. (hubby was working a project with no time off) I knew she was bad, and i was prepared for bad news but i was NOT prepared for what i had to do. She was in severe kidney failure, the vet suspected a tumor but there was so much fluid in the xray he really couldn't see one. But it didn't matter, it was a matter of days or maybe weeks at the most. The Canadian made the decision...i couldn't do it. But i did have to be with her , it was very peaceful. Needless to say I am devastated, and hubby is even worse than i am, she was devoted to him and followed him everywhere. He feels awful he wasn't there with her.

Ive said it before but death sucks. I am so not good at dealing with this.

Later

12 Comments:

Blogger Jose said...

Mel, I am so sorry, thorugh what you have written before I know how much you love your dogs and I has to be really hard for you and your husband.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm so sorry Mel
=(

9:27 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

I'm so sorry to read this.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I'm so sorry Mel, that has to be one of the hardest things a person has to do in life. Many hugs to you!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Mel, my sympathy to you and the Canadian. You both gave her great love. I'm sure she appreciated that in her retirement.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Oh Mel, I am so sorry. It is so hard to lose a pet. They are our furry children and are just as hard to let go. ((Hugs from Vegas))

11:58 PM  
Blogger poody said...

OMG! I am so sorry! Honey, I wish Iwas there to give you a big old hug!!!!

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks like such a sweet dog.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Mel.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Superwoman said...

What a difficult decision. So sorry.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Mad Ethel said...

I know how you must feel. I'm so sorry about your baby.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

:(
This part of having pets sucks.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Mel. I am so very sorry. It's never easy, even when you ARE totally prepared to hear it. My heart goes out to you.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home