Friday, November 09, 2007

Friday Field Trip...

Today's Friday field trip takes on interstate 85, where we were stuck in traffic several weeks ago. Due to poor planning on my part, we were trying to make it home from Virginia to South Carolina right when there was race traffic at the Lowe's Motor Speedway.


But at least there was skywriting to entertain us! I really wanted it say "Surrender Dorothy!" but all it said was "Welcome race fans"
And a nice little smiley Face :)

And here I tried to get a picture of all the backed up traffic, you cant really see it that well though. The cars may have been moving fast on the track but we sure weren't!

By sunset we were out of that traffic and moving pretty good. I tried to get a good picture of the sunset but I was just a bit late.

Not the best Friday Field trip but I haven't really been anywhere since then :)

Later




3 Comments:

Blogger buffalodick said...

I've never been down to Michigan Int. Speedway, but everyone comes back with horror stories how long it took to get out of the post race traffic!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Great pics... like the sky-writing...traffic is never fun...

11:03 AM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

Wow, tons o' traffic. It's been years since I've seen sky writing.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home