Monday, November 12, 2007

Its a major award!!LOL I love that line from "a Christmas Story" one of the best movies EVAH in my book. But seriously I got an award from Sushiboy for posting the Friday field trips! Glad you are liking them but I am seriously running out of ideas, last week it was traffic, this week it may a parking lot LOL. Like I said, I really don't get out much. Thank you so much!!!!

Now for Movie review
Monday. I watched movies on the Tube again rather than go to the theater.

The first movie is SAVED!, a hilarious look at Christian Schools. I enjoyed it, hubby did too. Some people might be offended but its just plain funny. Mandy Moore is at her best and Macaulay Culkin is even good too, in fact he was quite good. But Jenna Malone stole the movie as her good girl fallen from grace. In fact I kept seeing Jena Malone everywhere this weekend. The best line of the weekend came from this movie.

Cassandra: There's only one reason Christian girls comes down to the Planned Parenthood.
Roland: She's planting a pipe bomb?
Cassandra: Okay, two reasons.



Jenna Malone is the next movie too, BASTARD OUT OF SOUTH CAROLINA. I thought that title was pretty bad and only started watching it because I love movies set in that period of time. I was surprised, it was really good. Completely different than the other movie it deals with Poverty and Child abuse. In fact I read it was banned in Canada for a short period of time because it has a pretty graphic child rape scene. Angelica Houston directed this gem. Jenna Malone again stole the show. You don't hear much about her but she is an excellent actress. She was in one of my most Favorite movies Pride and Prejudice (I watched some of that again this weekend too) and she is obnoxious as the younger sister Lydia.

Again, Maybe I will make it to the actual movie theater one of these days
LOL but for now I can find plenty on Cable to watch

Later





8 Comments:

Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

I liked Saved! More than I thought because I was afraid it was going to be a bible-thumping movie, but it is hilarious. Reminds me of one of my Morman friends who "lost her way."

I might have to check put that other one. Oh and congrats on your major award! Love that movie!!

12:34 AM  
Blogger poody said...

I loved Saved too. But haven't seen this other one yet. I will put it in the que for netflixs

12:16 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

I've started to watch the second movie but I always catch it mid way through. I have seen that rape scene. It's pretty intense but more for your imagination than anything. but they always say that kind of stuff when kids are involved.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Vegas - I really dont know what much about Mormons, but I know bible belt baptists and it seemed so true to some things.

Poody _ Yeah check it out sometime, its really good!

Teri - Pretty much I knew what was going on before they showed the rape scene, I didnt think it was bad enough to ban.

5:52 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

As a guy, the chances of me ever seeing those movies is hovering between slim and none!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

It wasn't about traffic it was about sky writing! ... and traffic, but it was entertaining.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Buffalo - My hubby is a Guy (I sure hope so LOL) and he liked Saved too. He didnt watch the other one though.

Sushi - I guess you are right, one rarely sees skywriting these days :)

7:50 AM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

I liked Saved. Superwoman and I had a good laugh at it. I was surprised at Culkin's performance, much better than I was expecting.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home