Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Drama is far from over....dammit.

So I felt bad and was going to apologize yesterday and explain the reasons why I didn't feel like I could go to my co worker with problems. She is the type of person that can accept no kind of criticisms, will yell and argue with her BOSS when told something and screams and throws crying tantrums like a child. I am serious. This is why NO one says anything to her, no one wants to deal with that, least of all me. And also this is the reason that the boss doesn't speak to her when she should because she doesn't want to deal with it either. My boss wants to fire her but this is the deep south and the good ole boy system is firmly in place, a relative of hers is a close friend of one of the owners. Anyway true to form she threw a fit, argued and cried, hysterical loud sobs. So I felt bad and was going to apologize. Until yesterday.

I went in late yesterday because I went to have a hearing test (40% heredity hearing loss, it sucks). When I got in a hear she has been talking trash about me all morning. Still I felt bad. Then she threw a report on my desk that she didn't even finish her part. Then ignored me all the time talking trash about me. She was speaking to the boss that actually came down on her but not me. Still, I was feeling bad. Then another co worker came over and told me that she has had it in for me for years now. The more I thought about that the more I realized certain things that happened, it was like my eyes were opened, I see her for what she truly is...not just an annoying coworker but a hateful vengeful person. So I will not be apologizing. I don't know what will happen. My boss says she will talk to her again but she tends to put off dealing with her so I am not holding my breath.

So yeah work is miserable for me this week.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

too bad the days are gone when you could just kick her ass....

11:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ya know, that really, truly sucks. There is a woman here just like that, and she used to be MY boss! Everyone is always wondering why she gets her own way, no one (not even her boss) says anything to her. Heck, one day we had a safty meeting and she told the GM that it was "The biggest waste of time". All he said is, "Well, at least you were getting while you were in there". When she took another job in the building, and I got promoted to her job, she tried ONE time to tell me what to do, and I said, "Well Barbara, you aren't my boss any more so I don't have to listen to you." Yep, she cried!

1:32 PM  
Blogger JQ said...

That is horrible, what can you do in a situation like that? I strongly dislike people who are mean spirited. I am glad you didn't apologise, but I'm surprised you didn't knock her on her ass.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Wow - That is really crappy. I understand. I really do. The Good Ole' Boy network is alive and well in our part of the world as well. It's not how well you do the job, it's who you are related to. Unfortunately for me - I'm related to no one in this town.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home